Hello Lovely Ladies & Sweet Gents!
Todays post is a "fashion" post, which is great considering I've been lacking those and been going "beauty" post crazy. However, this isn't a very trending post, but its a style I very much love and enjoy, especially being a Cali girl at heart. In a week, I'm going to be vacationing to Bali, Indonesia with my family and I can't wait! After we decided to go and we got everything ready, I realized I did not bring any of my summery clothes to Taiwan because well, its clearly still winter time. And I obviously can't wear my monotone winter wear and leather boots in paradise right? Luckily, my dilema was a an easy solver, the solution: go shopping! & Boy did I not mind :P It was only after I started shopping around the city in Taipei did I realize that its almost impossible to find a descent soCal style flip flop and a pretty bikini. I looked everywhere, and finally found a Roxy, and so I splurged a little... It seems silly to be spending so much money on an American brand, but for Bali, its definitely worth it. I also picked up a few summer essentials i.e. teeshirts and shorts at Zara! Hope you enjoy this haul (: xo
1. Cowgirl-esque Straw Sun hat This is going to the perfect little accessory to protect my face from the strong sun! I'm so glad I found this one today, because a good reliable straw hat that looks good on is very hard to find, and by good reliable I mean it can't have silly holes around the brim that let in the sun we're trying to hide our beautiful faces from! Of course I'll still make sure to apply lots of SPF!! The sun rays are so strong especially with all the water and sand at the beach reflecting it onto your face.
2. (50% Off) Red Plaid Shorts These are a bit more wintery then summery but they were on sale so I had to get them. They're so cute, and I feel like I could really still wear them on a grungy-er outfit day!
3. Casual to Dressy Flip Flops I brought no summer shoes, and the shoes here in Taiwan aren't always my style, I like simple, pretty, and casual, but they like more gaudy, "cutesy" and girly shoes. So I had to get these versatile babies! They'll even go well with my flowy blue dress I bought for this trip on a separate shopping trip!
4. Poolside Flip Flops Of course a girl can never have to many shoes, and I can't really wear the ones above on the sand and at the pool side, that'd simply be too wearing on them and a waste, so I got this pair for that very purpose, plus I feel like they match my swim suit and bikini very well!
5. Floral Bikini with "Bra-like" Back Tie Omg, save the best for last. Even though they say a lot of people just go nude in Bali, that is so not my cup of tea, so I had to get a bikini! This is such an adorable bikini, although I must admit I really ought to lose a few pounds before I rock this baby, but sadly a week is too little time for that, luckily no one will know me in Bali. Anyways, the special part about this swim suit is the straps are like a tank top and the back just ties flat, its not stringy like normal bikinis which means it will stay on better. The only down side to that is it will probably give me a silly tan line! Thank God for fake tan lotion!
1. Tank-shirt I can't really describe this without saying it has a bunch of giberish on it, but hey its an adorable sleeveless tee shirt that goes down to about mid-thigh. Its so comfortable and soft and I felt like its a perfect beach side throw on - cover up thingy.
2. Elephant Tee With HUGE SIDES Basically this is one of those shirts that are wider then it is long and has a side that pretty much connect with the sleeves. I really love elephants, and this is such a cool shirt I had to get it for the Bali trip! And I plan on wearing this or the next shirt when I ride an elephant in Bali.
3. Believe It or Not Elephant Shirt This one is just a normal tee, but I found the colors and the elephant so fitting for Bali, again I LOVE ELEPHANTS.
Thank you so much for reading!
Hope you guys enjoyed seeing what I got!
I feel this shopping trip was definitely justified.